[Beowulf] Cable link

Prentice Bisbal prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu
Thu Sep 6 08:26:16 PDT 2012

On 09/05/2012 08:42 PM, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:
> http://www.emeraldnetworks.com/system-map/
>
> Seems Chicago - London gets signal a tad sooner than Reykjavik does,
> but could be same time roughly as well.
>
> This cable isn't yet there though.
>
> They claim to be low latency. Fiber though.

Since I started all this Iceland nonsense, I should add that there are
plans to build some massive new network between Iceland and North
America and Europe, which is supposed to have good enough
bandwidth/latency to make it practical to locate datacenters in Iceland.
I would provide I a link, but I forget where I read it. High Frequency
Trading is a special, extreme case, so can it can definitely be argued
that this new link may still not be good enough for HFT.

--
Prentice