[Beowulf] Servers Too Hot? Intel Recommends a Luxurious Oil Bath

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Tue Sep 4 07:32:25 PDT 2012

LN2 OTOH is very cheap, easy to make, and there is a potentially
limitless supply (think very large atomospheric reservoir of gaseous N2
we could tap).  Just need to replace heat sinks with conduction plates,
and have LN2 run through heat exchangers in bottoms of racks.  It won't
short out electronics, though if you have moisture in the air, it will
condense that.

Trox make a liquid CO2 rack cooler (but that doesn't involve bathing the server in CO2!)
http://www.troxuk.co.uk/uk/products/it_cooling_systems/index.html

Talking about liquid cooling, I met these guys at a recent meeting at Imperial college
http://www.iceotope.com

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.