[Beowulf] PXEBoot struggling

Tru Huynh tru at pasteur.fr
Mon Nov 19 05:04:35 PST 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 03:43:48PM +0700, Duke Nguyen wrote:
> Hi folks,

> After few days struggling with the system, here are what I have done:
>  * install SL6.3 on master node
>  * install DHCP server (using dhcpd) on master node
>  * install xinetd and enable tftp
>  * open firewall for tftp and dhcpd using iptables

You could ease your way and try warewulf:
http://hpc.admin-magazine.com/Articles/Warewulf-Cluster-Manager-Master-and-Compute-Nodes

> So to summarize:
>  * boot using liveCD -> OK, logging in fine
>  * boot using rsync of master node's system -> OK, cant log in
SElinux is probably on the way, did you relabel?
>  * boot using rsync of client node's sytem -> cant boot
you need to build/setup the boot from nfs on yur diskless clients.
- do you have dracut-network installed (required for nfs booting)
- pass the nfsroot flags to your client
something like root=nfs:master:/nfsroot/c6 rw
- fix /etc/fstab for /
- fix /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
ONBOOT=no # since you already have network

Cheers,

Tru
--
Dr Tru Huynh          | http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/unites/Binfs/