[Beowulf] Any beowulfers attending SC12?

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at cse.psu.edu
Tue Nov 6 16:59:24 PST 2012

On 11/06/12 16:38, Douglas Eadline wrote:

>> I'll be there (in our booth most of the time), but definitely at
>> beobash.  Stop by and say hi if you can!

I'll be at SC as well, and hopefully at Beobash, barring any incident
and assuming I find out where it's at.

Shameless plug: If anybody is around for the ACM Student Research
Competition poster session part of the show feel free to drop by and
harass me about my work.  The poster is titled "Performing Cloud
Computation on a Parallel File System" and details my work over the last
1+ years exploring how one can use the Hadoop MapReduce framework on
traditional Network Attached Storage.  Lots of "gotchas" to note, as you
can imagine trying to force a cloud-shaped peg to fit in a blade-shaped
hole, and I'll be happy to talk your ear off about them if you swing by.

> Has anyone figured out the location of the bash?

Nope, but I take the suggestion to visit various vendors booths to be
the end-result of a very marketing-savvy character ;).  "Shally" is one
tough chick.

Best,

ellis