[Beowulf] A cluster of Arduinos

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jan 11 17:22:07 PST 2012

Interesting...
That seems to be a growing trend, then.  So, now we just have to wait for them to actually exist.   The $35 B style board has Ethernet, and assuming one could netboot and operate "headless", then a stack o'raspberry PIs and a cheap Ethernet switch might be an alternate approach.

The "per node" cost is comparable to the Arduino, and it's true that Ethernet is probably more congenial in the long run.

Drawing 700mA off the microUSB, though..  That's fairly hefty (although not a big deal in general.. you might need to have some better power supply scheme for a basket o'pi cluster.  (Arduino Uno runs around 40-50 mA)