[Beowulf] DARPA issues 20 MUSD grant to nVidia to go from 1 GFLOPS/Watt to 75 GFLOPS/Watt

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 19 07:37:53 PST 2012

Prentice,

I find it rather naive that you seem to believe that only a specific
organisation can 'invent' a specific idea.
Especially if that's a defense organisation the thought is pretty
hypocritical.

What defense organisations has brought us more than anything else is
global espionage at a massive scale and 3 million people
in the USA working for 1000+ different intelligence agencies who keep
each other busy (CIA operatives abroad not counted),
as wikileaks has explained to us.

I prefer a more open society than that - your choice evidently is
that of a military closed culture with no acceptance of any form of
criticism.

I'd say one of the things stopping HPC more than anything else is
government organisations keeping things under their hat.