[Beowulf] MPI-3.0 public draft and call for comments

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Aug 3 06:19:54 PDT 2012

----- Forwarded message from Rolf Rabenseifner <rabenseifner at hlrs.de> -----

From: Rolf Rabenseifner <rabenseifner at hlrs.de>
Date: Fri,  3 Aug 2012 14:32:20 +0200 (CEST)
To: eugen at leitl.org
Subject: MPI-3.0 public draft and call for comments

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies or if you are not related to MPI]

Dear MPI user,

The MPI-Forum is about to ratify the MPI-3.0, a new version of the MPI standard.
As part of this process, we are soliciting feedback on the current draft standard.
The draft document can be found here:

 http://meetings.mpi-forum.org/mpi3.0_draft_2.pdf

We are seeking the following feedback in particular:

- Small requests/corrections that can be resolved before finishing 3.0.
- Requests for clarification of unclear text or undefined behavior.
- Undetected severe inconsistencies or bugs that may delay the
  standard publication.
- Wishes for additional enhancements or new functionality
  to be taken into account after 3.0 is published.

Please comment before Sep. 6, 2012 as follows:

2. Then send your comments to: mpi-comments at mpi-forum.org ,
   together with the URL of the version of the MPI standard and
   the page and line numbers on which you are commenting.

Messages sent from an unsubscribed e-mail address will not be considered.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

The MPI Forum

( www.mpi-forum.org )