[Beowulf] Any recommendations for a small (~4 port) KVM-over-IP switch

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 12:25:04 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Andrew Latham <lathama at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have found the Lantronix Spider product a great solution for N+1
> issues.  It has dropped in price a great deal.  The benefit of the
> added Serial over LAN also helps out.  Virtual CD / Floppy has become
> standard across all new IP KVM solutions...

Thanks Andrew! That  sounds like exactly what I need. But at it's
~$300 / module price tag it means that it's probably just as well to
buy a conventional 16 port KVM (approx. $800 *) and waste 12 ports. I
guess the small port count KVM (over IP) market just doesn't exist.

[*]=http://www.belkin.com/iwcatproductpage.process?product_id=291685

--
Rahul