[Beowulf] Q: IB message rate & large core counts (per node)?

Gilad Shainer Shainer at mellanox.com
Fri Feb 19 14:36:34 PST 2010

Nice to hear from you Greg, hope all is well.

I don't forget anything, at least for now. OSU has different benchmarks
so you can measure message coalescing or real message rate. Funny to
read that Q hated coalescing when they created the first benchmark for
that ...:-) but lets not argue on that. Nowadays it seems that QLogic
promotes the message rate as non coalescing data and I almost got bought
by their marketing machine till I looked on at the data on the wire...
interesting what the bits and bytes and symbols can tell you...