[Beowulf] Third-party drives not permitted on new Dell servers?

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Feb 16 11:52:23 PST 2010

Yes, but my point was that Beowulfers are a relatively small consumer of what the industry produces, and what *industry* decides to produce is driven by what most people face in terms of lifecycle practices.

So, even if you don't live with the IRS rules (and even if you're tax free, that doesn't mean that your accountants don't follow Generally Accepted Accounting Practices, which map pretty much one to one), you wind up being affected by them.