[Beowulf] The end of Sun Grid Engine?

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon Aug 23 11:19:20 PDT 2010

Douglas Eadline wrote:
> Is there someone on the list who is following the Oracle/Sun Grid Engine
> situation that can explain what the plan is?
> I have read that it is no longer freely available.
>   http://insidehpc.com/2010/08/20/sun-gridengine-now-100-less-free/
> Although previous version up until 6.2u5 are under the SISSL
>   http://www.opensource.org/licenses/sisslpl.php
> --
> Doug

Hi Doug, list

There has been some discussion of these events
SGE (now christianized Open Grid Scheduler, SGO ?)
is part of the Rocks standard distribution.

See these threads:
http://marc.info/?l=npaci-rocks-discussion&m=128223161802709&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=npaci-rocks-discussion&m=128222982532237&w=2

Exactly one year ago there was some apprehension that this would happen
to Torque, but Cluster Resources / Adaptive Computing
seems to have kept it open.

See these threads on the Torque and Maui user lists:
http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2009-August/009349.html
http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/mauiusers/2009-August/003936.html
http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/mauiusers/2009-August/003938.html

Gus Correa (a Torque/PBS user)