[Beowulf] Scale modl Cray-1

Lawrence Stewart stewart at serissa.com
Sun Aug 1 07:02:50 PDT 2010

http://simh.trailing-edge.org or google simh

there are many machines and an active community. the effort is coordinated by Bob Supnik, ex from many machine projects at Digital. he credits me with the original idea for the project, but that is way too much credit.

simh mostly has minicomputers and older machines. software is available for most of them.

for a while Bob was my boss at SiCortex, and one year at SC we had 12 emulators running simultaneously on one of the 72 core deskside machines. fun.

-Larry