[Beowulf] Building a Beowulf - Noob

Richard Chang rchang.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 20:34:34 PDT 2010

Mark Hahn wrote:
> the answer depends almost entirely on you: do you want to pay for
> support?  how much DIY are you comfortable with?  bear in mind that
> most of us have had "very mixed" experience with support, though
> I suppose that also varies with your endogenous expertise level...

Hello Mark,
I would like to do it myself but not to the limit of pulling off my
hair. We are a small group with limited resources.

I think I know what you mean by "very mixed" experience. Infact, I have
also had my own bitter experience trying to get support for a particular
brand of hardware from the so-called experts in the field.

Uptime and availability is not a big issue. So, I think I can live with
DIY software so long as I can manage.

Thanks,
Richard.