[Beowulf] 96 cores in silent and small enclosure

Jon Tegner tegner at renget.se
Wed Apr 7 06:56:23 PDT 2010

In this case we have large "home made" heat sinks, I'll put up more
pictures when I get the time. You can check other designs at

www.renget.se/gallery.html

In contrast to our "Second cluster" on that site, which is completely
fan less, this has two large fans. By using the fans one can get
adequate cooling in a smaller box (than what would be possible without
fans).

When I get the time (when?) I intend to do combined cfd/heat flow
simulations of our designs (have a PhD in numerical analysis).

Eventually we hope to market this.

Regards,

/jon