[Beowulf] noob Root-NFS question

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sat May 9 01:33:30 PDT 2009

2009/5/3 Cocoy Dayao <cocoy.dayao at gmail.com>:
> Dear list,
> I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this. But anyway here goes. i
> hope you could help me out. So I wanted to play around with building my own
> Beowulf Cluster. Yes, I know there are easier ways to do this. Automated
> tools like Caos Linux, etc. etc. Anyway, I wanted to use gentoo and learn
> from the ground up. I wanted a diskless client.

I have not seen a reply to this- I may have missed the thread replies.

I would advise connecting a linux PC to the same LAN as your master node,
then run:
rpcinfo -p 192.168.2.1

Let us know that that returns. Are you running any firewall rules on
the 192.168.2.1 interface on the master node? If so - switch them off.