[Beowulf] any users of MyPBS accounting package?

Huw Lynes lynesh at cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Mar 25 05:11:57 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 07:45 -0400, Glen Beane wrote:
> I forgot to mention, one of the last big changes we made was remove
> the need for the qsub/qdel wrapper scripts and the MyPBS website is a
> bit outdated since it does not seem to mention that. I think this made
> the package a lot more usable since the wrapper scripts could be a
> little problematic (they broke interactive jobs).
>

> On 3/25/09 7:34 AM, "Glen Beane gbeane" <glen.beane at jax.org> wrote:
>
>         it is a dead project
>
>         I worked on it over 3 years ago,  not much has happened since
>         then.  I think it works OK if you use TORQUE or some other
>         PBS, but I would look for something else.  It is no longer
>         developed, and if I were doing it again there are definitely
>         things I would want to do differently in some of the back end
>         code.

Thanks for the info Glen. I might still install it to gather stats while
I implement something better suited to our specific needs.

Thanks,
Huw

--
Huw Lynes                       | Advanced Research Computing
HEC Sysadmin                    | Cardiff University
                                | Redwood Building,
Tel: +44 (0) 29208 70626        | King Edward VII Avenue, CF10 3NB