[Beowulf] Please help to setup Beowulf

Bill Rankin wrankin at duke.edu
Wed Feb 25 07:56:07 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 13:28 -0800, Bill Broadley wrote:

> While true, I ran openpbs and pbs pro (via a free to .edu program) and they
> were both terrible.
[...]
> Granted this was 5+ years ago,

PBS Pro has undergone major changes and revisions over the last five
years.  Back in 03-04 it was much closer to the OpenPBS code line.  That
is no longer the case.

While I'm not claiming that it's the be-all-end-all in Workload
Management, it is a much different and vastly improved product over the
earlier versions.

I'll stop now - I think I'm starting to channel our sales guy ;-)

-bill
wrankin at altair.com