[Beowulf] ifort and gfortran

Dave van Leeuwen david.vanleeuwen at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Feb 23 12:18:56 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 12:39 -0500, Mark Hahn wrote:
> > When gfortran is used, then we get
> > "segmentation fault" in the middle/during the
> > parameter setting stage of the computation.
> > I would be grateful if you
> > have any idea on how to treat this problem.
>
> compile with gfortran and add -g.  then run inside gdb.
> when compiled, are there any warning messages?

I had a similar situation last month.  An element in a structure had
been assigned a value before the space for the element had been
allocated.  Of all the compilers the developer used, only gfortran and
g95 complained.

Run the program as Mark suggests to find out which line is causing the
segmentation fault.  If the line at causing the problem is similar to
the above situation, check that the space has been allocated.

If this is not the case, then post the lines of code.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave van Leeuwen