[Beowulf] Please help to setup Beowulf

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Tue Feb 17 11:02:17 PST 2009

Speaking as a bio-IT type, SGE aka "Grid Engine" is *extremely* well
suited for life science workflow requirements and tends to be the
dominating distributed resource management product I see across
biotech/pharma/academic/government installations. Running in second
place is Platform LSF and there are a scattering of PBS/Torque/Condor
sites rounding out third place.

I'd encourage Indrajit to check out both grid engine as well as the
bioclusters mailing list if the cluster is going to be used for
informatics work.

On Feb 17, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Geoff Jacobs wrote:

> Slurm and SGE. Alas no Torque or PBS.

Regards,
Chris

(Bias alert, my employer is www.bioteam.net & I operate www.gridengine.info