[Beowulf] Configuring nodes on a scyld cluster

Andre Kerstens akerstens at penguincomputing.com
Tue Aug 25 11:40:30 PDT 2009

Michael,

On a cluster running Scyld Clusterware (are you running 4 or 5?) there
is no need to install any Ganglia components on the compute nodes: the
compute nodes communicate cluster information incl. ganglia info to the
head node via the beostatus sendstats mechanism. If ganglia is not
enabled yet on your cluster, you can do it as follows:

Edit /etc/xinetd.d/beostat and change 'disable=yes' to 'disable=no'
followed by:

/sbin/chkconfig xinetd on
/sbin/chkconfig httpd on
/sbin/chkconfig gmetad on

and

service xinetd restart
service httpd start
service gemetad start

Then point your web browser to http://localhost/ganglia and off you go.

This information can be found in the release notes document of your
Scyld cluster or in the Scyld admin guide.

Cheers
Andre

Message: 2