[Beowulf] Oracle buys Sun

Nifty Tom Mitchell niftyompi at niftyegg.com
Thu Apr 23 13:53:18 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:27:28PM +1000, Chris Samuel wrote:
> ----- "Chris Dagdigian" <dag at sonsorol.org> wrote:
>
> > It's official:
> > http://www.sun.com/third-party/global/oracle/index.jsp
>
> Hmm.. Oracle have now inherited the NetApp/Sun WAFL/ZFS
> patent lawsuit(s) too I would guess, along with Solaris
> and ZFS...
>
> Could be make life interesting for the Oracle btrfs
> developers too..

Hmmm..  a filesystem is a data base and the kernel a data base engine.
It is possible that NetApp will find that some Oracle technology trumps
their WAFL technology.  Even Microsofts SQL Server snapshot stuff in
2005 may prove to be involved in the prior art tree.  Someone will
eventually notice that half of the nails are not just for the other
side of the house...

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new hat, now what?