[Beowulf] Moores Law is dying

Steve Herborn herborn at usna.edu
Tue Apr 14 09:16:32 PDT 2009

As far as "Desktop" machines go there hasn't been an application invented
that needs more.  Because memory & disk storage prices fell programmers got
sloppy & crammed in a lot more, but little to none of it was actually an
application that truly needed more because of purpose, only poor design.

                          Steven A. Herborn

U.S. Naval Academy

Advanced Research Computing

410-293-6480 (Desk)