[Beowulf] Repeated Dell SC1435 crash / hang. How to get the vendor to resolve the issue when 20% of the servers fail in first year?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 12:57:58 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Gerry Creager <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> wrote:

> And in the US, the Tier2 and Tier3 LHC participants are using
> ScientificLinux, too.  In fact, we've a couple of researchers here who will
> use no other distro.  you know, like RHEL or CentOS.  Too dangerous in their
> eyes.

Good to know! Maybe I will install Scientific Linux the next time Dell
gives me crap about using CenOS. :)

 So long as the learning curve is not too steep I'm very open to my
choice of distro. I'm hardly dogmatically tied to any particular
flavor; and in the last 3 years have tried out four seperate distros.

--
Rahul