[Beowulf] Breaking: IBM pulls bid for Sun Microsoft+Yahoo redux

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Apr 6 00:57:48 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 08:50:25AM +0100, Huw Lynes wrote:

> If true, I choose to interpret this as a very good thing. Assuming Sun
> doesn't declare chapter 11 next week.

Sun has several billion dollars in the bank. But you did notice all
the damage that Yahoo suffered from the failed Microsoft bid? Just
wait until Sun's stock price falls back to what it was, and watch the
wagons circle and the guns fire inwards.

We hired a great guy from Yahoo, so it wasn't all bad :-)

-- greg