[Beowulf] Rackable / SGI

Huw Lynes lynesh at cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Apr 1 08:18:39 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 10:46 -0400, Joe Landman wrote:

> John Hearns wrote:
> > 2009/4/1 Kilian CAVALOTTI <kilian.cavalotti.work at gmail.com>:
> >> That's good to hear, especially for the US market. I was thinking about us,
> >> European customers, who don't have access to that many "smaller" (no
> >> disrespect nor disdain here) companies, and who often have to rely on big
> >> names for our HPC projects. There are a few services/integration HPC companies
> >> in the EU, but not any that I'm aware of selling their own hardware, as
> >> Scalable or Penguin do.
> >
> > ????? I know that both Streamline and Clustervision will do you a
> > Supermicro build.
> > I think you are talking to the wrong people to be honest!
>
> John beat me to it.  Our friends over at Streamline do very good
> business in the EU.  There are a few others as well, as John has noted.

And if you want a slightly larger vendor, Bull will happily sell you a
Supermicro-based machine. We're very happy with ours.

A suspiciously fat brown envelope for me? You are too kind.

Thanks,
Huw

--
Huw Lynes                       | Advanced Research Computing
HEC Sysadmin                    | Cardiff University
                                | Redwood Building,
Tel: +44 (0) 29208 70626        | King Edward VII Avenue, CF10 3NB