[Beowulf] 10gig CX4 switches

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Sep 15 17:20:04 PDT 2008

I have a bunch of 1gig switches with CX4 10gig uplinks (and empty X2
ports) and it's time to buy a 10gig switch. Has anyone done a recent
survey of the market? I don't need any layer-3 features, just layer-2.

I see that HP has a 6-port switch for ~ $4k, too small.

Arastra looks nice, except that their inexpensive 10base-CR only does
SFP+, not X2. And CX4 SFP+ doesn't even seem to exist (lack of space
for the connector?)

I know some of the big boys have expensive layer-3 10gig switches.

Can anyone give me a clue?

-- greg