[Beowulf] Cases for DIY boxen

Lux, James P james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 23 10:59:44 PDT 2008

Well.. This *is* why if you're in a regulated environment, wooden boxes aren't as popular.  However, consider that plastic is commonly used in all manner of electronic equipment that gets a UL listing. Typically it requires careful design (since UL labs will try to set it on fire).. Such things as a metal floor plate might be required. (there's also the whole brominated flame retardant issue)

On the other hand, at home, maybe this is just an example of "dual function".. Supercomputer by day, room heating woodstove by night.

Jim