[Beowulf] slightly [OT] smp boxes

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Oct 20 15:46:42 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 03:16:45PM -0400, Mark Hahn wrote:
>> http://www.numascale.com.
>> Large scale NUMA architecture at cluster pricing.
>
> that's fairly exciting!  is this stuff somehow related to the newisys
> horus system?

No, if you read the website, it's Dolphin SCI hooked up to AMD cHT.

I'll give you odds on it being late and slow.

> also, <1us MPI latency sounds good,

Unless Dolphin learned a lot from their previous interface, that MPI
number is only achieved with 2 nodes, and goes into the toilet quickly
as you add nodes and cores/node. Which is why you shouldn't trust
"latency" benchmarks which just use 1 core on each of 2 nodes.

-- g