[Beowulf] Re: PowerEdge SC 1435: Unexplained Crashes.

Matt Lawrence matt at technoronin.com
Tue Oct 14 16:53:37 PDT 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Prentice Bisbal wrote:

> Dell supports CentOS. They better - that's one of the OSes they will
> install if you buy a cluster from them. I suspect the technician you are
> dealing with doesn't even know this.

Not in my experience.  Not only did they refuse to support it, the guy was
downright snotty about it.

Also, I recommend staying away from the MD3000 storage unit.  It has
issues such as not being able to present LUNs larger thn 2GB, not
supporting RAID6 and requiring a GUI interface to be able to install the
command line tools.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.