[Beowulf] Re: MOSIX2

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 05:16:29 PDT 2008

Jürgen Knödlseder wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> in fact, I also patched SATA drivers in the 2.4.26-om kernel. Yet I
> could so far not manage to
> get the kernel working for my latest DELL PE1950 with a Perc 6i driver
> ... maybe the megaraid_sas
> driver I use is outdated ...

Hello, Jurgen.

I did have 'some' SATA support using 2.4.27-om1 from the ClusterKnoppix
sources, but the drivers were very old. The 2.4 kernel *is* still
supported at Kernel.org and the more recent SATA drivers worked a lot
better. However, I don't want to invest a lot of time and effort keeping
2.4.xx-om1 alive without a critical mass of other openMosix users and
developers. Sadly, whatever the virtues of openMosix, I think it is now
becoming unsupportable for use on a 'production' Beowulf cluster.

> I also search for LinuxPMI project information, but without any success.
> So I share your feeling that
> this projects is probably dead ...

It's probably just as well, or I would be tempted to join in ;-)

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK