[Beowulf] Transparant clustering

Serge Fonville serge.fonville at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 12:06:10 PST 2008

Hi,

I am new to clustering and beowulf (I only played with Microsoft Clustering
Service). I have always thought that it should be possible to build a
cluster which works like a single system. So that when I open an SSH session
to the cluster I get a connection as normal while in fact I am connecting to
the clustered system. I started reading a lot, and it seems as if this can
be done with beowulf. I just wonder if the head node would make things more
difficult (since that can go down as well). Is this at all possible (using
beowulf) and how would I go about configuring this?

I know this isn't very clear (I am just exploring), so please ask away.

Thanks a very big lot in advance!!!

Regards,

Serge Fonville