[Beowulf] Re: Beowulf Digest, Vol 57, Issue 9

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed Nov 12 08:55:43 PST 2008

Hello Alcides and list

1) I don't know about motherboards and Yukon,
but I had problems on Linux with the  D-Link DGE-530T rev. 11 NIC (GigE),
which uses the sklin98 driver, also from Marvell.
The NICs never worked, even when I built the driver using the Marvell
source code.
I've read several postings out there reporting problems with GigE
drivers and interfaces.
You may find some information searching for the appropriate keywords
on the Beowulf and on the ROCKS Cluster list archives:

http://www.beowulf.org/archive/index.html
http://marc.info/?l=npaci-rocks-discussion

2) There are plenty of free CUDA programming materials on the NVidia site:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home.html#
http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_learn.html
http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_develop.html

CUDA is not as friendly as other parallel APIs, like MPI and OpenMP, though.

**

I hope this helps.

Gus Correa

Gustavo J. Ponce Correa, PhD - Email: gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
P.O. Box 1000 [61 Route 9W] - Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA