[Beowulf] Linux bios was Re: ECC support

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Fri May 23 09:36:59 PDT 2008

> Fascinating !  So now the trend reverses - I reboot every week, because I
> want to keep my Debian testing setup up-to-date (OpenSSL, anyone :-), but

the thing I find sad is that the sugar-coating of linux (ubuntu etc)
has meant that many people have lost track of the fact that most unix
config changes do _not_ require reboots.  the debian "oops, your keys are 15b
not 1024" fixes definitely didn't need a reboot, but the distros focus on
making a linux act like windows, so...