[Beowulf] Re: ECC support on motherboards? (Perry E. Metzger)

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Tue May 13 16:11:02 PDT 2008

Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> So another question is, how can you reliably test any of this stuff?
> It isn't like you can reliably induce single bit errors and see if the
> hardware catches them. (A special memory module that let you test
> would be a wonderful thing, but I've never even heard of such a thing.

Current versions of Memtest86+ ( as of v2.00) seem to do that quite nicely.

--
With our best regards,

//Maurice W. Hilarius         Telephone: 01-780-456-9771/
/Hard Data Ltd.                FAX:          01-780-456-9772/
/11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com/
/Edmonton, AB, Canada/
/     T5X 1Y3/
/