[Beowulf] Re: Purdue Supercomputer

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sun May 11 13:24:33 PDT 2008

Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Joe Landman <landman at scalableinformatics.com> writes:
>> We have found as a safety precaution, that including a console
>> server/kvm unit and having power control via addressable/switchable
>> PDU is a great backup, especially when we are hundreds of km (or
>> simply different timezones) from the units.
>
> Who do you favor for console servers these days? Ditto for
> addressable/switchable PDUs?

Hi Perry:

  We are biased as we resell these.  OpenGear on the Console servers.
They are pretty good.  Have some nice kit.

  Switchable PDUs vary.  Some of our customers have preferences, but we
default to APC units if they don't have preferences.  We have used the
WTI Network Boot Bars as well (web/ssh interface) for a number of
customers.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D