[Beowulf] Re: Purdue Supercomputer

jitesh dundas jiteshbdundas at gmail.com
Sat May 10 11:12:31 PDT 2008

Hi,

That sounds like a good option.I have a question about beowulf
clusters.What if you have 1 of the systems in the cluster down or any
network failures.Can make our cluster(2-5 sytems only) work properly.
Also what about geographically distant cluster systems.Say 1 in USA
and other in India.How do we manage our cluster in mishaps or
difficult conditions.
lastly, how about having beowulf cluster systems in space.putting 1 pc
on each planet or celestial body that we want to track and the server
in india.
is linux the best choice in such cases...

Any ideas?