[Beowulf] Nvidia, cuda, tesla and... where's my double floating point?

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Sun May 4 13:11:16 PDT 2008

On Sun, 4 May 2008, Mikhail Kuzminsky wrote:

> "Next generation Tesla", but I don't know when. Or use AMD  FireStream 9170
> instead :-)

I've read somewhere that double precision performance from AMD wasn't very
good and their programming model goes more towards assembly... Besides,
AMD/ATI still have to convince on their linux drivers.

Unless... do you have any experience with that hardware you could share?

greets,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD student @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  &

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt