[Beowulf] many cores and ib

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon May 5 13:48:51 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 01:42:49PM -0700, Gilad Shainer wrote:

> It is the same benchmark that QLogic were and are using for MPI message
> rate,

Like many benchmarks, you can game the benchmark, and you gamed the
benchmark. I guess you don't understand the technical details well
enough to get what's going on; we had a longer discussion of this a
while ago on this list.

I caught HP doing the same thing with lm_bench's lat_mem_rd benchmark
a while ago, and they immediately apologized and stopped using it in
their marketing literature. Which shows a lot of class.

-- greg