[Beowulf] a postdoc in Canada

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Fri Mar 28 22:40:05 PDT 2008

----- "Jim Lux" <james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> At that wage, you're going to be making hot beverages from the bark
> you strip from trees on campus, heated over a fire made from the wood
> from those trees.

That seems to describe most of what passes for coffee that
I have encountered in the US, which always surprises me
given that you folks have such a mythos around it. :-)

Perhaps I'm just spoiled being in the second[0] most
livable city in the world[1] where good coffee is taken
very seriously [2][3].

cheers,
Chris

[0] - Damn you Vancouver, we used to be No.1!
[1] - http://www.economist.com/markets/rankings/displaystory.cfm?story_id=8908454
[2] - http://www.melbournecoffeereview.com/
[3] - http://www.cremamagazine.com.au/page/vic.html