[Beowulf] Linux cluster authenticating against multiple Active Directory domains

Geoff Jacobs gdjacobs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 05:57:05 PDT 2008

Joe Landman wrote:
> If you don't mind using commercial tools, have a look at Centrify.  Also
> Centeris might work for this.
>
> Chris Samuel wrote:
<zip>
>> They have assured us that we can just their ADSs as
>> if they are LDAP servers, which is OK, but it looks
>> like Linux doesn't really want to know about using
>> multiple LDAP servers except in a failover/round-robin
>> situation.
>>
>> Our current best guess is to get an LDIF dump of
>> the users who are to be given access (signified
>> by an LDAP attribute) and then load those into a
>> local OpenLDAP or FDS server.
</zip>

Looks like Likewise nee Centeris has a FOSS version. From the blurb...

"Supports multiple forests with one-way and two-way cross forest trusts"

Apparently it's GPL, so legal compatibility shouldn't be an issue. It
might be sufficient for your purposes, but check out the feature
comparison to see.
http://www.likewisesoftware.com/products/likewise_open/comparing_enterprise_and_open.php

--
Geoffrey D. Jacobs