[Beowulf] Re: Religious wars

Bob Drzyzgula bob at drzyzgula.org
Tue Jul 22 13:19:10 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:54:06AM -0700, Greg Lindahl wrote:

> > It is not even certain that the default, base install of a Linux
> > system will include Emacs
>
> This just indicates a conspiracy of vi users. Or, more likely,
> vi users complained that emacs was in the default. Emacs users
> aren't bothered by having vi around.

But I don't understand... if resources aren't an issue (and
certainly they haven't been for at least a decade, since
BIOSs started supporting El Torito) and systems programmers
are *not* more likely to be vi users than emacs users,
would't we be seeing emacs on more live and rescue CDs by
now? I'm curious as to how the vi conspiracy effects its
apparent influence... :-) :-) :-)

--Bob