[Beowulf] Setting up a new Beowulf cluster

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Fri Feb 8 08:35:03 PST 2008

Oops.  I can't make Peter out to be a liar, so:

   "Fedora"

There. I said it and I'm glad.

I don't know what it all means, or course -- you can build a perfectly
peachy cluster on Debian, SuSE, FreeBSD, Solaris, Windows in a pinch
(although you'll hate yourself LONG before you're done if you try), any
other linux distribution you might find, and ... yes ... Fedora.

Oh, and did I mention Scyld and the "professional" turnkey type
clusters?

But let's get into all that in round two, when you have a bit more of an
idea what goes into cluster design and when we all have a bit more of an
idea of what KIND of cluster we need to be designing...;-)

Then I might even say "Fedora" again!

    rgb

Duke University Physics Dept, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305