[Beowulf] Setting up a new Beowulf cluster

Berkley Starks bjtstarks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 07:45:16 PST 2008

Hello all,

I've been a computer user for the past several years working in different
areas of the IT world.  I've recently been commissioned by my university to
set up the first operating Beowulf Cluster.

I'm am moderately familiar with the Linux OS, having ran it for the past
several years using the distro's of Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora Core, and
Mandriva.

With setting up this new cluster I would like any advice possible on what OS
to use, how to set it up, and any other pertinent information that I might
need.

Thanks,

Berkley Starks

Oh, and the cluster will be used for computational physics.  I am a physics
major making it for the physics department here.  It will need to be able to
use C++ and Fortran at a bare minimum.

Thanks again