[Beowulf] Is this the J. Dongarra of Beowulf fame?

Lux, James P james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Dec 24 13:15:31 PST 2008

Ran across the following quoted line from a SciGen created paper that was accepted to a conference and is getting some play on slashdot:

"We performed a quantized emulation on Intelâ(TM)s mobile telephones to prove the work of Italian mad scientist J. Dongarra."

Recognizing the name, I'm prompted to ask the real question, is Jack an Italian mad scientist?

The rest of the paper is full of interesting sentences:
" While such a hypothesis is entirely a theoretical ambition, it rarely conflicts with the need to provide operating systems to computational biologists."
http://entertainment.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/12/23/2321242