[Beowulf] Book recomendations for cluster programing

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Thu Dec 18 10:23:58 PST 2008

Micha Feigin wrote:
> I'm trying to learn cluster/parallel programing properly. I've got some
> information on MPI, although I'm not sure if it's the best books. I was
> wondering if you have some book recommendations regarding the more specialized
> things, especially the cpu vs gpu paralelization issue (or as far as I
> understood, data intensive vs memory intensive programming and how to
> convert programs from one to the other) proper program/cluster topology
> considerations and such.

As similar question was asked a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.beowulf.org/archive/2008-December/024078.html
http://www.beowulf.org/archive/2008-December/024079.html

GPU parallelization is relatively new, so I doubt there are any complete
  books on the topic. There have been plenty of talks on it and research
done in the area, so google is your best bet for that. NVidia does have
plenty of documentation related to CUDA on their website:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home.html

--
Prentice