[Beowulf] Rear-door heat exchangers and condensation

Huw Lynes lynesh at cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Dec 12 10:05:00 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 17:35 +0000, John Hearns wrote:

> At the rear of each IRU there is a bank of big fans. Each IRU couples
> up to a 1/4 sized rear rack door, using a foam gasket. Each of these
> 1/4 sized doors is a swing out heat exchanger.

That's the bit of information I was missing. I'd assumed the entire door
swung out as one losing all cooling when you work on the rack. The
stable-door approach makes more sense.

I still like our APC contained hot-aisle system though.

Cheers,
Huw

--
Huw Lynes                       | Advanced Research Computing
HEC Sysadmin                    | Cardiff University
                                | Redwood Building,
Tel: +44 (0) 29208 70626        | King Edward VII Avenue, CF10 3NB