[Beowulf] Personal Introduction & First Beowulf Cluster Question

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Dec 8 19:48:04 PST 2008

----- "John Hearns" <hearnsj at googlemail.com> wrote:

> (*) Not a good idea in Great Britain, where arson in the Queen's
> Dockyard is still a hanging offence, and I'd bet the judges would
> say that a Naval Academy was part of a Dockyard.

No longer the case I'm afraid (well, actually quite glad!):

http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/abolish.html

# On the 10th of December 1999, International Human Rights Day,
# the government ratified Second Optional Protocol to the
# International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights thus
# totally abolishing capital punishment in Britain.