[Beowulf] Stroustrup regarding multicore

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Tue Aug 26 15:10:36 PDT 2008

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, Ed Hill wrote:

> And I don't mean to sound like a cheezy motivational speaker but
> if each of us is willing to study the texts a bit, read others' code,
> and learn-by-doing then I don't think there is anything that prevents us
> from becoming capable programmers.  Or engineers.  Or chefs.  Or system
> administrators.  Or..., well, you get the idea.  :-)

You bet!

In the words of R. A. Heinlein, "specialization is for insects".

   rgb

(Who has had three whole courses in programming, lifetime -- and has by
now taught more courses in it than that... and who's not a bad cook, or
systems administrator, either...;-)

Duke University Physics Dept, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Web: http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb