[Beowulf] Kerberos + HPC

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Tue Aug 5 13:38:08 PDT 2008

Alan Louis Scheinine wrote:
>> I don't believe it. It sounds way to simple!
>
> Perhaps the tricky part begins with the seemingly innocent
> phrase "Standard documentation can tell you how to do
> it -- just read the manuals."

Are you saying RTFM?

I've read the O'Reilly book on Kerberos several times, and I'm
well-versed in Kerberos administration. I know how to adjust ticket TTLs.

Perry suggests stashing the private key on the server and then
refreshing the ticket automatically.

How do you refresh the ticket automatically for a user while a job is
waiting to run? That would have to be done by the queuing system, so the
queuing system would have to be GSSAPI-aware. Someone already pointed
out that Torque is NOT GSSAPI-aware so that leaves SGE and commercial
applications.

--
Prentice