[Beowulf] Mellanox/Flextronics IB switch problem ?

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Sun Apr 27 17:21:11 PDT 2008

I have following output from ibcheckerrors utility:

c5ws7:/home/guest # ibcheckerrors
#warn: counter LinkDowned = 20  (threshold 10)
Error check on lid 1 (MT47396 Infiniscale-III Mellanox Technologies)
port all:  FAILED
#warn: counter LinkDowned = 13  (threshold 10)
Error check on lid 1 (MT47396 Infiniscale-III Mellanox Technologies)
port 8:  FAILED
# Checked Switch: nodeguid 0x000b8cffff004037 with failure

LID 1 corresponds to our 24-port Flextronics F-X43044 switch. Does
this output means that there may be potential problems w/ port 8 or
whole switch  ?

Mikhail Kuzminsky
Computer Assistance to Chemical Research Center
Zelinsky Inst. of Organic Chemistry
Moscow